Raita is basically a cool, creamy yogurt based condiment which is a perfect accompaniment for different kinds of spicy dishes. No wonder Hyderabadis famous for their spicy food, eat equal amount of raita with any of their servings.
Made by combining different ingredients with yogurt, raita is a must to soothe the palate and douse the fire .
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 2tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1tsp. dry roasted ground cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp. chat masala
- 1/2tsp. chili flakes
- 1tsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
In a bowl take yogurt and add salt and sugar to it. Beat it with a fork so that there is no lump in it. Now combine all other ingredients with the beaten yogurt and your raita is ready to serve.