I just posted my recipe for easy Dosa. This is the recipe for the filling if you want to make ‘em stuffed. It goes well with Poori as well.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 large onion cut into medium sized thick chunks
- 1 tbsp. minced gingers
- 1/4 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 4 green chilies chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. urad dal (black gram)
- 1 tsp. chana dal (Bengal gram)
- 10- 12 curry leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (Coriander leaves)
- 1 tbsp. ghee (Clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp. white oil
- Salt to taste
Cut potatoes in halves and cook them in a pressure cooker till one whistle comes. Let them cool down enough to handle and then peel off the skin. With your hands break boiled potatoes coarsely into medium pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and add whole mustard seeds. When the seeds start spluttering add urad dal and chana dal to it. Keep stirring them on medium heat till they take a golden brown hue.
Next to go in are onion, chopped ginger, peas, curry leaves, chopped green chilies and turmeric. Sauté till onion starts to loose its raw color.
Add potatoes and salt. If required add 1/4 cup of water to it. Mix well and cook till the moisture is completely gone.
Sprinkle chopped cilantro and drizzle a spoon full of ghee. Give a nice mix and keep it covered till you serve to retain all the flavors.