After cooking and eating a bunch of special stuff over the weekend, I try to give myself some rest on Mondays. So for Monday lunch I prefer making something quick and simple for myself. Given that poppy seeds are known to induce sleep it helps me recover from the hectic weekend as well.
- Chaana made out of 2 cups milk (see my rosogolla post on how to make chaana at home)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 4tbsp. poppy seeds grind into a fine paste with 1 green chili
- 2tbsp. mustard oil
- 1tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- Pressure cooker
- Steel/Aluminum tiffin box
In a bowl mix all ingredients above together and transfer the content into the tiffin box. Cover the lid tightly.
Pour water in a pressure cooker and place the box so that half of its is down the water. Make sure you don’t cover the tiffin box with water.
Pressure cook it on high heat for 2 whistles. open the lid when the pressure settles down. Enjoy with some white rice and an extra dash of mustard oil.