This super easy one pot meal is perfect for days when you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. This particular recipe involves very little cooking and is my default take away lunch for a day picnic and potlucks when I can’t think of anything extraordinary creative.
- 8oz. penne pasta
- 2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2medium carrot diced
- 1/2 cup button mushroom thickly sliced
- 1 medium broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2lb. shrimp meat
- 2tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1tsp. roughly chopped parsley (You can use basil or oregano instead)
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1tbsp. butter
- 2tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Cook the pasta as per package directions. Don’t overcook because you want your pasta to hold their shape. Once cooked drain water and rinse in cold water to immediately stop the cooking process. Transfer the pasta into a big mixing bowl.
Melt butter in a pan and add chopped garlic to it. Allow it to become light brown before you add all chopped vegetables and shrimp to it. Sauté the vegetables on high heat for about 2 minutes.Remove and bring them to the room temperature.
Add sautéed vegetables and shrimp to the mixing bowl. Add all the seasoning ( Salt, pepper powder ) and olive oil. Toss well with a spatula to coat evenly.
Your one pot meal is ready to be served.