For a change there is no story behind todays recipe. I had some paneer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paneer) and methi and hence made Methi-paneer :). I was in a hurry so ran to the nearest store and bought some naan (so no I didn’t make the naan in the picture above)
- Paneer or cottage cheese - 200gms or 7oz cut into cubes
- Fenugreek/ Methi leaves - 1 bunch coarsely chopped
- Cashew paste - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 medium
- Ginger - 1"
- Green chili - 1,2
- Fresh cream or whipping cream - 50 ml
- Whole Garam masala ( cinnamon 1 piece, 2 green cardamoms, 4 cloves)
- Take a bowl of hot water and keep the paneer pieces into that for 5 mins. It will make the paneer much softer. Now drain the water.
- In a grinder make a fine paste of onion, ginger and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and temper with coarsely pound cinnamon, cardamom and clove. When the fragrance of garam masala hits the air add the paste you made.
- Start frying in a medium heat and continue doing so till the oil separates from the spices.
- Add water to it. Add salt and sugar. When the gravy starts boiling add paneer pieces and chopped methi leaves to it.
- Cook for about 5-6 mins. When you get your desired consistency finish it with fresh cream.